Weddings dominate Australian culture. Some say that weddings are the most important events in your life. There are probably people who wondered about weddings in Australia. In Australia, there are many wedding traditions, rules and ceremonies.
Suppose you are planning a wedding abroad. To ensure your wedding is a success, you should consider the traditions and customs of the country where you are getting married. How is a wedding in Australia celebrated, for example? What kind of food do they enjoy at their weddings? What type of music do you like? You don’t want to attend an Irish wedding expecting to hear gospel blues and Louis Armstrong!
We can help. This article will examine how Australian Weddings are celebrated and give you a list to help make the day even more special, depending on what type of wedding your bride wants.
Weddings in Australia
Many customs and traditions developed in Australia over the years to make weddings a memorable and important occasion.
The following is the general format for a typical Australian Wedding:
- In a wedding ceremony, the celebrant or minister marries the bride and groom.
- After the ceremony, there will be a reception, where food and drinks will be served to guests.
- At the reception, there is usually an MC (Master Of Ceremonies) who directs the order of the events.
- Guests will be entertained at different points of the reception by speeches.
- The bride and groom will cut the wedding cake at some point after the dinner.
- The couple can leave together or dance with the guests at the end.
White is the traditional color of a bride’s gown to symbolize purity. However, in recent years, women have been choosing ivory or cream. Some brides cover their faces with a veil until they get married. The groom will wear a suit (dinner jacket) or tuxedo.
The ceremony can be held outside in a park, garden, or hall if the couple does not want to get married in a religious setting. Due to the large number of Australians who don’t follow any religion, a traditional religious wedding was never popular. Recent trends have shifted towards civil marriages that take place at a registry or private location.
The conclusion of the article is:
Overall, Australian weddings offer a wonderful combination of elegance and relaxed nature. If you haven’t done so already, you should add it to your bucket list. Who doesn’t like a good wedding, right?